How I Got Catfished by my Husband and fell miserably in-love with a mysterious stranger online. Part II

Image credit: Pexels


Things remained silent for a complete month. Charles never acted as though he knew something was up, and on my part, I tried to keep up with the pretense.


But how long was I going to continue with that? The thing was that I lied to him, and he knew. The earlier things get sorted out, the better for us and our marriage.


The anonymous messages didn’t stop either. The only difference was that I stopped replying to it. I knew that doing that would trigger his suspicions, but what was I meant to do?


I couldn’t think of anything because my head was blank, and I was scared that doing the wrong thing would cost me my home.


Most times, after he leave for work, I would sit by the mirror and break into tears. I felt the guilt eating deep into my soul and thoughts of how Charles might be feeling killed me. He was definitely suffering emotionally but wasn’t ready to bring it up.


One day, during breakfast, I finally decided to tell him the truth. I didn’t want to damage our marriage with anymore lies, and so the best thing was to come clean.


I cleared my throat for almost five times after which I looked at him. He was focused on his meal, barely looking at me as usual.


“I have something to say”, I said and watched how he looked up, with his eyebrows scrunched in confusion.


“Is it about the home? Is something wrong?” He asked and again, 

my heart dropped.

I could feel that he knew what was going on, but his refusal to say a word about it threw me into a total state of confusion.


I swallowed hard and wore a smile instead, shoving aside everything I had wanted to say.


Honestly, I was scared of losing my home. 

I knew I had thought of filing a divorce some time ago, but at this point, I saw a great need to hold on and fight for my marriage with all my might.


The next day, I got a package from the special anonymous. My heart dropped and raced out of my chest. With a sweaty face, I 

opened it and saw a portrait of me, beautifully crafted. It was one of the pictures I had on my Instagram page.


I blew out hot air and tried to think of what to do. This was obviously a game and since I knew the trick, it was best for me to use that as a means to win. At this, 

I picked up my phone and sent a message to the anonymous number.

“I have a husband. You should stop sending me gifts”, I typed in, with my hands shaking fervently.


“But I thought you loved the gifts? You told me you did. And you also mentioned that you don’t mind divorcing your husband because he is not what you want”, he replied.

My heart instantly flew out of my chest as I jerked up and started panting heavily.


What was Charles up to?


He came back home that evening and met the portrait on the bed. For the first time, he didn’t ask me where it came from. I had prepared myself to tell him that an anonymous stranger has been sending me packages. But when he didn’t ask, I couldn’t talk further…


I didn’t understand the game he was playing, but I knew there was a need to tread carefully.


I walked into the room one morning and met him searching his bag.


“What are you looking for?” I asked and he sighed deeply.


“Thomas left one of his phones in my bag yesterday. This is the second time he is doing something like this, and I don’t know why”, Charles replied and for a minute, I thought that I’ve heard wrongly.

Deep down, I felt a sudden swirl of excitement. If his friend left his phone in his bag, it could mean that the special anonymous was my husband’s friend, right?


I was confused here…so confused that I could barely think. I just remained quiet and 

observed him. I was already beginning to think of how to meet up with his friend and talk things out with him if he really was the anonymous stranger.


I would just meet him and tell him how much I love my husband and how I never intended to be with him. After which I would then 

tell my husband about it. That would take away some of the guilt and make things easier to get settled.


When he finally brought out the phone, it was different from the one I saw that day.


I sighed deeply when I figured out that prolonging this game had no use. My husband was the special anonymous. He sent me those gifts and messages but was only pretending.


At this, I sat down on the bed and folded my hands to my chest.


“Special anonymous”, I started, with a voice that almost sounded like a whisper.


He froze and slowly swirled around to face me. 

The look in his eyes gave him away. He tried to battle with his emotions but gave up and wore a small frown.


“When did you know?” He asked, darting his eyes away from me as if he couldn’t bear looking into my eyes.


I swallowed hard and replied, “about a month ago”. 

“I only wanted to make you happy. I never thought that you would stab me on my back in such manner”, he said and for the first time since I got married to him, I felt the hurt in his voice.


Without saying a single word, I dropped on my knees and broke into tears. 

“I didn’t mean it when I said that you weren’t what I wanted…I just…I just got carried away”, I cried out, watching how he took in a deep breath and chuckled calmly.


“At first, my only intention was to give you gifts anonymously. But when I saw something more, I decided to make it a game and see how far you would go”, he continued and again, my heart dropped.


“I’m sorry! I just got carried away with the gifts because you never do such for me”, I explained.


“That’s because I find it hard to express myself! I love you! But it’s hard to 

show you that. I was trying…”, he yelled out of his lungs, breathing in fury.


“But you betrayed me! I tried to be the best husband I could be, but you betrayed me”, he shouted again and I shivered.


“I know it’s hard, but I need you to forgive me. I was just in need of 

affection. That was all!” I whimpered and for a minute, silence rented the air.


We stared at each other for what seemed like ages after which he walked out of the room in rage.


I knew it! I knew that the minute the matter comes to the surface, I would lose my home. 

My predictions were correct because Charles got so angry and it was obvious that he won’t forgive me.


I got the greatest shock of my life that evening. He walked into the house, with a bouquet and a package in his hands. This was the first time something of such ever happened since I got married to him. He looked nervous as he handed them over to me.

With a confused look, I stared at him.


“I’m sorry. I just realized that this isn’t that hard. I know you wouldn’t have gone so far with the chats if I was doing this for you”, he said, and my jaws dropped in surprise.


We got better and slowly started learning how to communicate each other needs. This is a tale close to my heart, but in all, I’m glad I didn’t lose my marriage.

END.


Here's a link to Part I, incase you missed it How I Got Catfished by my Husband and fell miserably in-love with a mysterious man online. (greeninfocracy.blogspot.com)



I understand Ads can be very intrusive, annoying, and capable of disrupting user's reading experience. So, for this reason I do not wish to run them on my blog. If you enjoy my post and contents and wish for me to continue and keep growing, please support me.

Buy me a Coffee! 🍵

Crypto donation button by NOWPayments

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robo-Revolt: What if Newly Developed AI Robots Begin to Strike Back?

Tasmania's Cape Grim: An island with the cleanest air on Earth

Loki Season 2: What to Expect from the God of Mischief’s New Adventures